A Dark Star Fabrics Class
with Janice White
CLASS IS COMPLETED
October 6th – November 10th, 2018
1:00 – 4:00 (except 2:00 – 4:00 on October 6th)
$10 Per Session
$50 for All Six Sessions
Find Out More Below
A Step-by-Step Approach to Quilting Basics
If you are a beginning quilter, this is your opportunity to learn about quilting one step at a time. If you have quilting experience, this is your opportunity to hone your skills and pick up new tips and tricks. Each Saturday afternoon session will focus on a specific type of block as you work toward a final project.
Sessions (All Completed)
- The Nine Patch. Easy and fun. Saturday, October 6th.
- Half Square Triangles. How many ways can you make and use them? Saturday, October 13th.
- Flying Geese. Not as hard as it looks! Saturday, October 20th.
- Simple Appliqué. Sun Bonnet Sue or a basic holiday shape. Saturday, October 27th.
- Sashing, Corner Squares and Borders. How to make it all fit! Saturday, November 3rd.
- Binding and Quilting. Finishing your project. Saturday, November 10th.
Beginners and Up. The class is designed for all quilters from beginners through experienced quilters.
Janice White, a life-long Phillips resident, has been quilting since the 1970’s. She has created hundreds of quilts for her family and charity and enjoys hand stitching and hand quilting.
Janice is a founding member of the Narrow Gauge Quilt Group and the Mad Hatters Quilt Group, both based in Phillips. She is one of Dark Star Fabrics’ most popular instructors.
When and Where
The first session will take place from 2:00 until 4:00 on Saturday Afternoon, October 6th, 2018.
Subsequent sessions will take place from 1:00 until 4:00 on five more Saturday Afternoons, October 13th through November 10th, 2018.
All sessions will take place in the classroom at Dark Star Fabrics, 30 Main Street, Phillips, Maine.
What to Bring
Please bring fabric for each class*. Please also bring your regular supplies and accessories, including a cutting mat and cutter. And please bring your sewing machine unless you will be using one of ours.
Dark Star Fabrics will have embellishments and ironing stations for you.
* Come with your own fabric and supplies or shop our store. Dark Star Fabrics will give you a 20% discount on any fabric and supplies you buy for the class.
$10 for each single session or $50 for all six sessions. Please pay at the start of the session or earlier.