Barn Quilt Workshop
A Dark Star Fabrics Class
with Deb Black and Rachelle Knight
Find Out More Below
Join the Barn Quilt Movement
(Just in Time for the Holidays)
CLASS IS COMPLETED
You’ve seen barn quilts displayed on buildings around town. Maybe you, or someone you know, would like one. Maybe you wish you could make one.
Yes, you CAN make one! Just choose your design. You can turn any quilt block you like into a barn quilt. Here are some Pinterest examples.
Dark Star Fabrics will give you step-by-step classroom assistance and all the materials. On request, we will be happy to draft your design on your board before the first session.
At the end of the three-day class, you will have a finished barn quilt, ready to display, plus the know-how to make more barn quilts on your own.
Come join the local Barn Quilt movement and bring the beauty of quilting to the outside of your home. Or give one to someone you know. Barn quilts make great gifts.
Date, Time and Place
Important: Because we need to have your materials ready for you at the start of the class, please sign up no later than Friday, October 21, 2022.
Update 10/22/22: Signup is now closed.
If you can use a paint brush, you can do this.
Included with the class is everything you need to make your own barn quilt from start to finish:
- Pre-primed plywood board, cut to size and ready for your design
- 9 colors of exterior paint*
- Foam brushes, rollers, paint brushes and frog tape
- Hanging french cleat bracket
- Final sealer
Tools available for you to use will include metal ruler, quilting rulers, exacto knife, measuring tape, cups for mixing colors, pencils, eraser and fans.
* Free paint colors include black, white, red, dark blue, light blue, green, yellow, purple and orange. If you would like to use your own color of exterior paint, you are welcome to bring it.
Your class fee depends on the size of your barn quilt:
- 12” x 12” Barn Quilt ~ Class Fee $50
- 18” x 18” Barn Quilt ~ Class Fee $75
- 24” x 24” Barn Quilt ~ Class Fee $100
- 36” x 36” Barn Quilt ~ Class Fee $125
Please pay your fee at or before the start of the first session.
Bonus: Take this class and Dark Star Fabrics will give you a 15% storewide discount on the days of the class.